Fried rice is simply a dish of cooked rice that is stir-fried with few selected vegetables. As a popular delicacy around the world, from Asia to Africa, preparation of fried rice has evolved into a franchise competition, with varieties to choose from. If you wish to quickly whip up this special delicacy, you’ll need some vegetables, spices and other ingredients of your choice to make it either fish, meat, shrimp fried rice or chicken fried rice.
Below is the basic and major ingredients for preparing fried rice.
Fried Rice Recipe
3 cups rice
2 tablespoon vegetable oil (sesame oil)
1 cup fresh peas and diced carrots and onions
3 – 4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 eggs, whisked
1 Ripe Plantain
1 teaspoon salt to taste
1. In a medium-size pot, boil the rice and allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes until cooked. Remove the fire, drain and set aside in the sieve to cool.
2. Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat and pour the sesame oil. Add the onion, peas and carrots and stir-fry under a lo heat until tender, especially the pea which takes longer to cook.
3. Sprinkle in half teaspoon of the salt and pure in the whisked egg on one side of the pan, away from the veggies, and with a spatula, stir the egg until it is scrambled and then combine all content of the frying pan.
4. Stir in the rice into the vegetable mix and sprinkle the other half teaspoon of salt, as well as the soy sauce. Stir the whole content, add some chopped white onions and cover the pan for about a minute to allow the heat spread.
5. Remove the fried rice from the heat and serve hot with the baked chicken and dices fried plantain.
See Also: Spaghetti And Baked Chicken – Recipe
With Chicken and Plantain
Bake the marinated chicken under a 380 – 400 °F for about 25 – 30 minutes until it is tender and juicy.
The ripe plantain is diced, salted and deep fried in medium heat until golden it is golden brown.