Chicken marinade/marinate is a delicious method of preparing chicken has become popular around the world. Over the years, several recipes for making the best chicken marinade has emerged so that you can take a pick from the variety.
To prepare a juicy, tender, flavorful chicken marinade, you can use any or all the chicken parts, but most chefs and eateries would prefer using chicken wings, breast or lap. Marinade/marinate, as some people would call it, is simply a seasoned liquid in which meat is soaked for up to 8 hours or even overnight, before cooking.
The marination method emanated from using brine immersion technique to get a certain flavor – usually acidic or enzymatic, out of the food or meat. Without marination, the best steaks you’d ever tasted wouldn’t taste so good! wink* Which brings us to the most important part – the recipes, please!
Chicken Marinade Recipes
3 lbs (1kg) Chicken thighs, wings or breast
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
2 teaspoon Salt
5 Garlic Cloves – minced
1 medium size onion
4 tablespoon Lemon or Lime Juice
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon Pepper – depends on the type you prefer or your taste bud, you can add more.
Parsley or Basil (optional)
2 teaspoon Paprika
To marinate the chicken:
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix for about 25 seconds.
2. Gently pierce the chicken with a fork to allow some holes for thorough marination.
3. Pure the mixture over the chicken or any desired meat and soak inside the bowl or a Ziploc bag.
4. Refrigerate for 4 – 8 hours or overnight, depending on when you want to cook it.
Once you’re done with this phase, then move on to any of the cooking methods below:
The baking method of cooking marinade chicken is quite easy. Whenever you’re ready to bake, simply follow the steps below:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Gently layout the marinated chicken in a large casserole dish and pour remaining marinade over it.
3. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
The greek chicken marinade is so called for its Greek yogurt base which gives it a unique flavor and creamy coating. Adding 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon oregano is all the difference there is from the ingredients above.
Grilled Chicken Marinade
The grilled chicken marinade is a favorite of many people due to its smoky and juicy taste. With the exception of the method of cooking, its recipe is no different from the baked and greek marinaded chicken.
After marinading the chicken overnight or for the 4-8 hours, follow the few steps below to get the best of grilled chicken marinade:
1. Brush grill with oil to prevent sticking and preheat to medium heat.
2. Place the marinated chicken on the grill and depending on the thickness of the meat, cook for approximately 10 – 15 minutes per sides; making sure not to let it burn. The internal temperature of the chicken is estimated to be up to 160 degrees.
3. Remove chicken from grill, garnish with rings of raw red onion and a small salad and serve either hot or cold.