Banana bread is another great way to enjoy a ripe banana when you probably wish to spend some fun time in the kitchen. Contrary to the traditional bread recipe, banana bread is easy to make with few ingredients and not much prep time.
Also, it’s an easy recipe for busy households and can be served as a quick snack for hungry kids. Banana bread could go well with a warm glass of milk on a normal day or simply enjoyed as a Sunday breakfast.
The recipe below is your easy guide to making a moist and delicious bread
Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe doesn’t necessarily require a fancy mixer. All you need is a mixing bowl – stainless steel or glass bowl; wooden spoon to mix the batter and a whisk or fork to whisk the eggs. Originally, the recipe requires one cup of white sugar, however, you can adjust that to 3/4 cup or 1/2 cup – considering the sweetness of the banana.
1 1/2 cups (192g) All-purpose flour
3 medium size over-riped banana
1/2 cup Milk
1/3 cup (43g) melted Butter or Olive oil
1/2 cup (64g) Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking powder
2 small Eggs
Tips: It’s best to use an over-ripe banana because it is soft and full of sugar. So now you don’t have to trash that leftover banana with many brown/dark spots, so long as it still tastes the same.
1. Mash the over-ripe banana in a mixing bowl or blend it in a food processor/electric grinder to form a pulp.
2. Stir in the milk, melted butter and whisked eggs into the banana pulp.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt – usually referred to as the dry ingredients.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients into the banana pulp to form a batter.
5. With a basting brush or using two fingers, butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan and pour in the banana bread batter and set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the banana bread for about 45 minutes to 1hr until the thoroughly cooked until golden brown.
To test if it’s ready to come out of the oven, insert a skewer stick or fork into the center of the loaf. If the skewer or fork comes out clean, without sticky crumbs, then the banana bread is cooked.
7. Bring it out of the oven and allow to cool in the pan for few minutes before removing and placing it a rack to cool off completely.
Slice with a bread knife and serve with cream tea, coffee or just a glass of milk.